- Take Action
- Donate Now
Report Production and Publicity Intern
This intern will assist the project coordinator and others involved with the production of State of the Dream, UFE's annual report on racial economic inequality in the U.S. The report, released in mid-January in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, has a different and timely theme each year that addresses some of the most pressing economic challenges faced by communities of color.
This project will provide a multi-faceted learning opportunity that includes content production, media planning and outreach, and heightened understanding of the systemic factors that reinforce and worsen past and present racial inequalities.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Tracking national news for related stories.
- Compiling names and contact information for media professionals who cover related issues.
- Web and database research.
- Sending pitch emails and making follow-up calls to target media professionals.
- Producing content for blog posts, infographics and other online supplements to the report
- Regularly posting teaser content on UFE's social networks—Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr (new)—to help build interest in the report in advance of its release.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Social media savvy
- Word processing, online research proficiency
- Collaborative work style, with ability to work independently as well
- Sensitivity to cultural, racial, gender, class and power dynamics
Training will be provided for all tools and applications involved in this internship. If circumstances permit, some of the required tasks of this position, such as web research, may be completed off site.
Applicants must be available for a minimum of 16 hours per week for this position. Preference will be given to candidates who are able to support this project through both fall and spring semesters.
Intern will be provided with MBTA pass for the duration of this internship. A modest stipend will be available to interns working three or more days per week.
To apply for this internship, please fill out our online application.
Questions? Please feel free to contact Maz Ali at 617-423-2148 x101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.